Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fears and Lots of Tears


So officially 7 days until Phillip and I leave the country and 2 days left until Phillip and I are officially not employed by C1. Oh my that sounds strange. I have been doing the same job for 8 years now. It will be very different not to wake up Monday morning at 6:45 and get ready to leave the house by 8:00 and get my coffee, energy drink and doughnut at 8:10 and make it to work to open the doors at 8:25.

The feeling is almost that of a sorrowful emptiness. I am a creature of habit. I wake up and leave the house at the same time every day. I drive the same roads and the same turns every time. I know the pedestrians walking to the bus stops, I know the trash schedule in the neighborhoods on the other side of town. I am going to be so lost but I think I am prepared. I have my rock (Phillip) and I am ready for this challenge.

Every person I have talked to today has walked away with a tear in their eye. I had and older lady that has worked for me off and on over the past 5 years break down yesterday. The fact that I impacted these people is so surreal. I never knew or understood my worth. Watching all of these people slightly struggle with my future absents makes me feel significant, a feeling I have rarely felt.

One of the hardest things that I keep coming back too is leaving all I love for an entire year.
I have moved away before. I spent a year in Seattle WA, But that was only 15 hours away and I was able to pick up a phone and call home. Being a three day plane trip away seems so far.
 I will miss my dogs so much they are pretty much my children. I have found myself drifting into thought and it all comes back to missing my dogs so much. I worry that they will forget who I am. or they will miss me so much and not be able to cope. I don't want them to feel abandoned or stranded. I wish they could understand!

Not much more to add today.


Stay warm, dry and happy
Love Always
Whitney Hoku Germaine

No comments:

Post a Comment