Saturday, April 27, 2013

Farewells And Weenie Roasts

Today has been an very interesting day. This morning we woke up and loaded the dogs into the car a headed off to the pet store. We wanted to make sure that our vet knew we were leaving and that my sister was on the account so if something happened while we were gone she could take them to vet.
While we were there the very bubbly gal working the check in counter said very loudly that she would make a pop up note so when our dogs were brought in that a notice would pop up stating we had left our pets for a year and my sister had temporary custody. We left the store and got in the car and I lost it! I started crying because the way she said we left our pets just felt so wrong. It was heart breaking and I felt like the worst dog owner in the world. I have always wanted the best for my babies and now I was abandoning them. What kind of mother abandons her children. I guess I do :(

Later this evening we loaded in the car and headed over to my moms house for what was originally just a birthday BBQ for the twins and a family farewell thingy for Phillip and I. Well that is not the case. So my cousin Blake and his wife Kim have just taken jobs in San Francisco so they were leaving in the morning. And then my aunt and uncle and their son Ryan were leaving on Wednesday as well to Europe. So my mom got the great idea of having everyone over for a giant goodbye, farewell, Bon voyage get together. It was way too much fun, Dogs family and great food. My sister brought the largest hotdogs we have all ever seen. So of course all of us being mature adults had to make large weenie jokes all night! Needless to say it was a great evening with great people. I sure am going to miss everyone! All of the little kids (Jaxon and Elayna) will be a year older and may forget me #sadface.

Over all the leaving date is creeping up on us.
Apt is 85% cleaned out
Suitcases 0% packed
still 100% stoked to be traveling!!!


Stay warm, dry and happy
Love always
Whitney Hoku Germaine

No comments:

Post a Comment